Keeping your home cool in the summer months can be hard, which is why it’s essential to have a fully-functioning HVAC system. If your system is nearing the end of its service life, you may want to have it replaced to ensure continuous comfort.
Since there are many factors to consider when replacing your HVAC unit, here Modern Air Solutions shares the important dos and don’ts every homeowner should remember.
- DO know the correct size. Keep in mind that HVAC systems are sized based on the square footage of your home. You may think that a large cooling system is a great way to keep your home cool during the summer. If the system is too big for the square footage of your home, however, it may be less efficient and effective at performing its intended function.
- DO try out the new system first. It’s better to be safe than sorry. Before your HVAC technician leaves, make sure they test your new system to be certain it’s in sync and running efficiently. A professional technician can also help you understand how to properly operate your new system.
- DO prepare a budget. Investing in a new HVAC system can be a major investment, which is why it’s important to prepare a budget. Higher-end systems may have a high price point, but they’re also more efficient and can provide consistent temperatures throughout your home. If you intend to stay in your current residence for the foreseeable future, these are worthy investments to look into.
- DON’T jump to conclusions. If your HVAC unit hasn’t been working properly, don’t immediately go out and purchase an entirely new system. Instead, call your local HVAC professionals for heating and air conditioning service. If your HVAC system is showing signs of age, it may be less expensive to buy new equipment.
- DON’T overlook energy efficiency. Energy efficiency is an important factor to consider since it will affect your new system’s ability to keep your home comfortable. Investing in an energy-efficient unit can help you save money in the long run. As such, when buying your HVAC replacement, look for ENERGY STAR®-rated products and take note of their Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, or SEER.
- DON’T just get one estimate. Like any other major purchase, you may want to shop around first. Take note that installation and equipment costs can vary among HVAC companies. When evaluating your estimates, be sure to consider the total package. If a prospective service provider doesn’t offer upfront pricing, you may want to look for a different company to avoid hidden costs.
An HVAC replacement project doesn’t have to be a hassle. Turn to Modern Air Solutions today and we’ll guide you in finding the best HVAC system for your home. Get in touch with our local heating and air conditioning repair professionals today at (630) 534-9037. You can also fill out our online contact form to set up an appointment.